The AcrySof® ReSTOR® lens is a breakthrough lens for cataract surgery that lets patients see from near to far, usually without glasses. An innovative optical technology called “apodization” makes the AcrySof® ReSTOR® lens uniquely effective, especially when placed in both eyes. A similar technology has been used for years in microscopes and telescopes to improve image quality and has now been patented for use in intraocular lenses by Alcon. Most AcrySof® ReSTOR® lens patients find they can read a book, work on the computer, drive a car- day or night- and play golf or tennis with an increased freedom from glasses. You may experience visual disturbances. Additionally, some side effects with AcrySof® ReSTOR® IOL may make it more difficult to see in low lighting conditions; therefore, increased care should be taken when driving at night.
Why you can take comfort in the AcrySof® ReSTOR® lens:
- The AcrySof® ReSTOR® lens comes from Alcon, the world’s leader in lenses for cataract surgery;
- The Alcon AcrySof® family of lenses is the most widely used brand for cataract surgery;
- The history of the AcrySof® family of lenses speaks for itself: more than 25 million AcrySof® IOLs have been implanted worldwide;
- AcrySof® ReSTOR® patients are so please with their vision, nearly 94% said they would have the AcrySof® ReSTOR® implanted again.
- The AcrySof® ReSTOR® lens is an advanced type of multifocal IOL. But it may not be right for you. Talk to you eye care professional about the options within the AcrySof® family of lenses for your cataract surgery.
In choosing your cataract replacement lenses, your eye care professional will take into account many aspects of your eye health. But you will also be asked to consider your lifestyle.How much reading or computer work do you do? What are your hobbies? Do you drive at night?